Saturday, May 09, 2009

swedish oatmeal pancakes

As inspired by "Wish you were here"

2 cups of oats
1/2 cup flour (i used 3/4 c, white whole wheat)
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups buttermilk ( I use 2 cups)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
butter for skillet( I use a teflon pan and didn't need any extra butter at all)

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and the dry in another. Combine. Batter is going to be lumpy. The original recipe said to let it sit refrigerated for at least 2 hours. And over night is a- okay.
I think 30 minutes is enough and overnight produces mush. But, experiment if you will. Its part of the fun I think.

1 comment:

Ross4Teflon said...

Hi - Thanks for recommending using a Teflon skillet while making your pancakes. I represent DuPont and it's always a pleasure to see people recommending our products in their recipes. One of the definite advantages of using Teflon while cooking is the abiluity to use less butter and oils!

If you are interested in some other recipes or great cookbooks to look at for your blog, drop me an email and I would be glad to help you out! Thanks. Cheers, Ross